Odd Fellows Hall
The Lodge was originally constructed as a schoolhouse in the 1850’s and became the Orleans Odd Fellows Hall a few decades later. Over the past 125 years, membership dwindled and the building was vacant for some time. In 2007 interest in reestablishing the Fraternal Order was energized and a plan was implemented to restore the original structure and develop an overall master plan to bring the building up to code, including complete accessibility. The lodge will now have a theatre in the lower level, a community room on the main level and the Odd Fellows Members’ Room on the second floor. The addition incorporates the entrance lobby/atrium, circulation for all levels (including second means of egress) and service spaces. Filtered light permeates the entire atrium volume and illuminates the theatre lobby below grade. A terrace has been designed to extend the functions and events to meld into the landscape. The contemporary addition is scaled and detailed to harmonize with the historic structure.